How to Reset Router Password
How to Reset Router Password
Have you lost the password to access your router settings? In this case, a simple process will help you reset your router password.
Let us learn how to reset the router password on your router from the following instructions.
Resetting Router Password
It is essential to reset the default password on your router. Using the default password may become a handy tool for hackers to hack into your router. They must Google the default router password and hack into your router account. At times, you may change the default router password and forget the new password later on. Please follow the general instructions below to change and reset the router password. That will be helpful for any router model you own.
Before you carry out the hard reset of your router password, keep in mind the following:
- The reset will cause your router username and password to revert to default.
- It will change the W-Fi username and password
- It will also change the ISP username and password
- It may change any port forward you have set
- Change all of the firewall settings you have carried out
- All configuration settings you have made on your router.
This means resetting the router password is a serious business and thus, carry out the following instructions only if you are sure of what you are doing.
- To reset the router password, you need to press the tiny button at the back of the router.
- Use a pin or any pointed object to press the reset button for about 10 seconds.
- You will find all the lights on your router will flash simultaneously.
- Wait for a few seconds and let go of the router reset button.
- That's it. Your router has changed to the default factory settings and is as good as new.
Changing the Router Password after a Hard Reset
1. After the reset, you need to open the browser on your computer. Type the IP address of your router administration page.
2. The IP address will be printed on your router or in the instruction manual that comes with your router. If not, you can Google and search for the default IP address for your router.
3. Once the admin page opens, you will be asked to log in with your username and password.
4. The default username is usually admin/administrator. The password is usually password/admin. In some cases, you may have to leave the password field blank.
5. The default username and password are in the instruction manual or printed on the router. You can even Google your router's model name and number and find the default login credentials.
6. After you log in, you need to visit the Administration page and change the router password.
7. Make sure you also change the Wi-Fi name and password, add port forwarding, and set up firewalls as before the reset. You can make changes accordingly, but make sure you change all the defaults for better security.
This is all about how to reset the router password on your router. Follow these general instructions, and you can change your router according to your preferences.